Thursday, March 19, 2009

Healthy Breakfast Drink

Here's a healthy drink to boost your energy in the morning without coffee.

Ingredients;
1 cup rice milk
1 large banana
1/2 a scoop of vanilla protein
1 small container of Stonyfield Farms's O'Soy yogurt (I used strawberry)
1/4 cup smashed walnuts
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)optional
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste) optional
1-2 ice cubes

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
This is an adapted recipe from Dannon yogurt, but b/c I can't have milk products I changed a few things around. This is very good and if you're a milk fan and not sure of the texture, this is a great alternative to milk. I used to love milk but as I get older milk doesn't like me so much so I'm trying out some new things and this really is tasty and I can't tell that it isn't milk.
Here's to your health;)
I'll post more recipes that I try out and make and if I like the way they turn out and if they're yummy Delicious I'll share the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment